Saturday, March 5, 2011

Boys vs. Girls

***Update: Betsy is back and appears to be feeling all right. We hope for a full recovery.

You know, CD and I are a lot different. (Profound statement of the month).

I didn't grow up with any boys on a day-to-day basis and it is starting to dawn on me just how different we are. Even though I've had other boyfriends, CD is different. He is all boy. (Now he would interject and say: "MAN!") He loves to do dangerous things. He loves to use a chainsaw. He loves peering under the hood of my car and smearing grease everywhere.

I've compiled a short, non-inclusive list of things he does/would do that I have zero interest in.

1. Look at me, make sad eyes, and say, "I wish I had a skateboard, ripstick, instrument of death, etc."

2. Jump from high places.

3. Ride around on his bike with no hands. Pop wheelies on his bike. Jump his bike. Make tight turns on his bike.

4. Use any sort of tool (especially power tools) for any sort of activity. Even if a small screw driver is needed, he's headed my way with a power drill and a grin.

5. Climb rock walls, cargo nets, etc. Also, an exciting way to get down from said height is crucial.

6. Be rough with things. (Cats, shoes, furniture. You name it, he's rough with it.)
...Meanwhile, I'm walking around with a halo above my head and a nervous tick from all the dangerous things going on in my presence.

I know that many readers....(all 4 of you...)figured out this differences a long time ago but sometimes I just stop and look at him and wonder "WHY are you doing that?"

Oh well, differences are good and I'm glad we have them. I'm still just praying for all girl children though. Now, more than ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment